Post by ricardo63 on Feb 10, 2014 4:32:20 GMT 12
Hi all, just a bit of post weekend blues and had some thoughts.
As the title suggests, have we seen the watershed meeting where the ‘lie of the land’ has shifted?? Upon reflection is this the 2007 RWC moment where the All Blacks, all conquering but when the moment came we found out that the time had past….
With this I’m in reference to the Panthers & Tigers the two most dominant teams for ages. Now I don’t expect either team to go into ‘free-fall’ but this thread is intended as ‘In their current guises’.
• Haven’t made the semis for the past two years.
• Dale Ewers is retiring, marque & go to man??
• Don’t always seem to win the BIG matchups i.e. You have a chance.
• The way they race, hell for leather, bash everything style is getting a bit worn out??
• When driver changes were required this year, they proved they are just like any other team, it needs time to gel.
• Driver line up isn’t getting any younger & the hits are getting bigger for sure
• Penn tried to retire a few years ago, but the Panthers were insistent on keeping it all together. Could you really blame them? Just means future development is impeded.
• Everything comes to an end & have we witnessed this
Further enhancing my thoughts is that the Busters have now made the semis (1 win) for the past two years. Hawkes Bay win ratio is second to none and made tier 1 this year, unbeaten last year. The Mustangs, are they a feeder or their own team? There is no denying it, this will have an impact. I believe we were delivered a clue to this puzzle this year….
I’m no Palmy hater or lover so try to be constructive here.